The UCEDD Self-Determination Self-Assessment Checklist provides the UCEDD with a straightforward tool and process to determine the degree to which its policies, practices, and personnel, at a given point in time, are promoting self-determination for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families. The result will be a profile of the organization's performance that can be used to identify areas to strengthen, and to suggest resources and strategies for desired improvements.
The document includes background on UCEDDs, self-determination, and the document development history. The checklist is organized into topic areas that correspond with the statutory mission and core functions of UCEDDs:
- Pre-service preparation and continuing education
- Training or technical assistance
- Community services, supports, and assistance
- Research and information dissemination
- Mission, governance, and organizational culture